Sunday, January 22, 2012

Redemption and Post-Run Cookies

Today I taught Sunday School sans Ben. It got a little crazy, mostly because I forgot about all the little things he does to help. And although we have two other helpers (who are in sixth grade and practically preschoolers themselves really mature for their age), having one less adult in a class of fifteen 3-year-olds makes a big difference. Especially when they are wired like they were this morning. We still had a lot of fun playing London Bridge, although I was the only one singing the song the whole time and I'm still not certain any of them understand how the game worked. All in all, a successful day at Sunday School.

It was a little bit warmer in Stewartville today (high of 30), but the freezing rain was enough to make me not want to drive into Rochester to work out. Plus I wanted to watch football, and a 20 minute drive both ways meant I would miss a considerable amount of the game. So instead we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house, which is only 0.3 miles away (one of the perks of living in a small town) so I could use their treadmill.

I feel like I've redeemed myself after yesterday's run. 4 miles at a 1% incline in 35:15. It could have been the difference in treadmills, but I felt a lot better with the incline today. Regardless, it definitely boosted my confidence a bit.

I have come to the conclusion that running at the relatives' house trumps running at the gym. Why, you ask?

One reason: delicious post-run cookies.

(And then they send you home with even more of those delicious cookies.)

Leftover pizza and beer is what's for dinner tonight. Ben had pizza for lunch too, but I skipped out. Although it has plenty of carbs, I wasn't about to test it out as pre-run fuel.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I think I'm going to try it on Wednesday:

Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing

Ben loves chicken and stuffing (as do I), so I think it will be a hit. If it weren't for my Crock Pot, I don't think we would ever have home-cooked meals. Seriously.

Tonight we're going to indulge in several episodes of The Walking Dead and a bottle of wine, basically trying to enjoy the last few hours of precious weekend we have left.


Which football teams were you cheering for today?

Are you watching a TV series on Netflix/DVR/DVD right now?

2 comments:

  1. I was cheering for the 49-ers!! :'( nothing beats the deliciousness of post-run cookies!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we're from Alaska, my older brother has always been a die-hard 49ers fan! Just take comfort in knowing they have a few good years ahead of them :) My husband and I are Lions fans, so we were just ecstatic that they made it to the playoffs!

      Delete