Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Free Pilates Videos and a New Form of Precipitation

Today I woke up late and couldn't get myself in workout mode quick enough, so I decided to continue this week's theme of "taking it easy" and just stay home instead. Then I felt guilty about not doing any physical activity, so I found this short pilates routine on YouTube:


It's only 10:00, so I did it twice. I have to say, my butt was really starting to hurt after the second time through!

I also found this routine, but I didn't have enough time to do it:


I might try it when I get home tonight, if I don't fall asleep first. Denise Austin seems really excited about life.  But I suppose I would be too if I had palm trees and the ocean in my backyard.

Some local news: Rochester has a bit of a crow problem. I'm almost surprised it hasn't made national news or something- it is THAT BAD. If you don't believe me, here's a picture:

What I walk through every morning on my way to work

Gross huh? Not only is it gross, it is SCARY! When I walk out to my car after work at 9:30, there are thousands (not an exaggeration) of them roosting in the trees on the way to my car. And it literally rains bird poop- you can hear it falling from the sky as you walk by them. One of my co-workers got pooped on, so now we take a whole block detour to get to our cars just to avoid the nasty things. The city tried to solve the problem once already by using birds of prey to chase them to nearby towns, like Stewartville (where we live- awesome). It actually worked- for about a week. Now they are back in full force! The city council is trying to obtain a permit to kill them now, since they are protected under some migratory bird law. I hope they get one soon, or I'm going to have to include the cost of car washes in our weekly budget.

Another piece of fantastic news- it appears that the toenail on my big toe is going to fall off. I was opening the door of an instrument at work and I assumed it would open over my foot, but instead it just tore my toenail halfway back. If I would have cut my toenails two days ago when I tought about it, I probably wouldn't be having this problem. Oh well, live and learn. I just hope it doesn't affect my running.


Do you own any workout videos? Use any free ones like me?

What was the highlight of your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment