Monday, January 16, 2012

"Because I have to"

I am not a morning person, or a Monday person, so getting out of bed this morning was pretty hard for me.

Ok, I lied... it's hard for me to get out of bed every morning!

My alarm went off at 7:00, as usual, and then I laid in bed until 7:30ish, as usual. I finally drug myself out of bed and got some coffee in my system, since I had to be at strength class at 9:15. Getting to strength class on time means I can leave my apartment no later than 8:45, since it takes about 20 minutes to get to the gym, and there's never any way of knowing how long it will take to find a place to park.

(Notice I say things like "I HAD to be at strength class." Saying I HAVE to work out and I HAVE to run makes it easier for me to actually go. It's becoming part of my daily schedule. Try it sometime!)

Strength class kicked my butt, just like it always does. We did the defensive shuffle for awhile and I felt like I was back in high school basketball practice. Although I don't think my thighs hurt as bad back then...

After my work out I tried some of this:


I usually just steal some of Ben's protein (he uses the EAS 100% whey), but we had a coupon for this stuff and I though why not give it a shot? Plus, I think Ben will enjoy not having to share his protein with me. It's almost like we have "his and hers" protein.  It didn't taste quite as good as the whey, but it still wasn't bad. Mix it with some milk and it's like a globby vanilla shake.

We were understaffed at work today, so things were pretty busy at the beginning of my shift. I wasn't able to take lunch until 3:00, which is really late for me (I usually go around 1:00 or 1:30). By that time I was pretty ravenous, and one of my friends brought a package of Sweet Tarts Gummies. DELISH. I'm pretty sure I owe her a new bag...

This day was an exhausting one, so I'm headed to bed. Here's to hoping the protein does it's job and I'm not too sore for my run tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment