Friday, February 3, 2012

Protein Mishaps and a New Pain Regimen

Workout: Treadmill, 4 miles/34:28, 0% incline.

Today I woke up at 6:30 to do laundry. Shoot me. Not the best way to start the otherwise best day of the week.

Thankfully I had plenty of energy for my run! 7.1 mph felt almost effortless- I think it might become my new "easy pace" soon. (Granted, it was at 0% incline, but still- a month ago 6.7 mph felt hard!)

My legs felt great throughout my entire run, but as soon as I stopped (literally the third walking step that I took) I felt a shooting pain in my right knee (my ITBS problem knee). It was one of those "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap" kinda moments.

I immediately hopped off the treadmill and started rolling it out. My knee has been aching every since, but it doesn't feel like ITBS anymore... just sore.

See what I mean about worrying about injuries? Yesterday I thought I had a completely new injury, and today I think my old one is back. Ben thinks I'm crazy. I probably am.

After my run I went downstairs to buy some milk to mix with my protein. The milk hadn't been stocked yet, so I grabbed a yogurt instead. My coworker laughed at me as I mixed my protein and raspberry Yoplait Light in a small styrofoam cup. I choked it down, but it wasn't easy. It very closely resembled the consistency of cake batter- I wouldn't recommend it.

Work was pretty busy up until I finished all my work around 9:00. Nobody else needed help so I decided to just go home early. Came home, popped some ibuprofen, cracked open a Coors Light, and am currently icing my knee.

Ibuprofen + beer + ice... 100% proven to relieve knee pain. I should market this regimen.

I'm excited for PiYo tomorrow. I haven't done any strength work in over a week (bad Aimee). I hear Saturday morning PiYo is like Wednesday PiYo on steroids. But I'm always up for a challenge :)


Do you use a powdered protein? What brand? What do you usually mix it with?

What is your favorite yogurt flavor?

Any big plans for the weekend/Superbowl? 

No comments:

Post a Comment