Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Pain in the Butt and Dirty Laundry

Workout: Treadmill, 3.0 miles/26:38, 0% incline.

I LOVE MY NEW SHOES! :)

They felt so lightweight and bouncy (very technical description, I know). I wanted to keep running, but I have this little thing called "work" that prevented me from doing so. I already can't wait for tomorrow's run!

Lately, my left hip and butt have been hurting. Every once in awhile I feel some pain on the outside of my left knee, but it's not debilitating. It hurts when I'm driving or sitting down at work, but it usually doesn't bother me when I run. From what I've read, I think it might be piriformis syndrome? Not sure. But it literally is a "pain in the butt." I've been trying to take more time to stretch before and after my runs (~10-15 minutes) and I've been foam rolling each night. I also iced last night and will again tonight. It might be nothing, but after my bout with ITBS I've found that I worry about injuries a lot more. Hopefully it's nothing, and I am just being my normal hypochondriac self :)

Today I actually found a microwaveable dinner that I liked:


Smart Ones Fettucini Alfredo

It was pretty tasty (although not as tasty as the McDonald's french fries I had for dessert). I think the key is it stay away from the dinners with meat in them- it always tastes fake and it grosses me out.

I've put off doing laundry for way longer than I should, so now I will suffer the consequence: waking up extra early to throw a load in so I actually have clothes to work out in.


Laundry is one of my favorite things to do.


Do you put a lot of time into stretching before/after a run?

Any frozen dinners that you recommend?

Do you ever run out of workout clothes?

2 comments:

  1. I have hand washed or washed them in shower when I have only one pair of shorts in the summer. I do the same with the sports bra.

    You should know that you are really close to 1000 visits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never static stretch before working out but before workouts like intervals/tempos I always do 5-10 minutes of dynamic stretching and warming up!

    ReplyDelete