Friday, February 10, 2012

An Overdue Rest Day, Complete with Dilly Bars

Happy Friday everyone!

I feel like I'm already in California mode, so today has felt extra long to me. (Never mind the fact that I still have to work Monday before we even leave.)

Yesterday I took my new shoes for a 4 mile tempo run on the treadmill. 1 mile warmup, 2 miles @ 8:20 pace, and 1 mile cooldown. Today was my rest day, which was long overdue. I try to take a rest day at least once a week, but my schedule got kinda shaken up this week, so today is my first rest day in 10 days. Oops.

My Garmin came in the mail yesterday, but I haven't gotten to play with it yet. I did set up my Garmin Connect online, and I plan on getting the watch itself set up tomorrow morning. I don't foresee getting a chance to use it until I get to California, though :( Any temperature below 30 degrees is a no-go for me. I think running the Alaska state cross-country race in snow with nothing but a tank top and split shorts on scarred me for life.

Tonight one of my co-workers brought in salt and pepper kettle chips and Top O' Tater onion and chive sour cream. There are no words to describe how tasty it was! Definitely the best snack combination I've had in awhile. Then another co-worker bought DQ for everyone, so I had a mint Dilly Bar for dessert. I think it's safe to say that I ate my weight in chips and ice cream. My fettucine alfredo Smart One can stay in the freezer until Monday night.

Tomorrow night we're going to Social ICE, "the largest outdoor ice bar in the upper Midwest." They have ice glasses, ice sculptures, and of course, several ice bars. I think it's safe to say there will be lots of pictures in tomorrow's post!

Yesterday I realized the ice bar was this weekend and I said to Ben, "Oh, ice bar on Saturday!" To which he replied, "You SPAR?!"

Then on Sunday we have my niece Chloe's 1st birthday party! I can't believe she's 1 already- it seems like just yesterday we were visiting them in the hospital on Valentine's Day.


Any big plans for the weekend?

What's your favorite Dilly Bar flavor?

Are you working out tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment