Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicago, Here I Come!

Last night I did something very exciting...


I REGISTERED FOR THE CHICAGO MARATHON! :)

After having to put my marathon dreams on hold last year (more about that HERE), I knew I wanted to go for 26.2 again this fall. I thought it would be fun to make a trip out of my first one, plus I've heard that Chicago is great for first-time marathoners. Flat and fast with electric crowds. I am SO there!

Of course, I have some other goals I want to accomplish before Chicago. I'll be running a 5K, two 10Ks, a 15K, and two HMs. I previously made myself a goal to run a sub-1:52 half, but I'm going to lower that to sub-1:51 so that I can qualify for Corral D at Chicago! Since there are 45,000 runners, starting in the top 12,000 would be nice :)

Yesterday, Ben and I laid out all of the races I want to do. We came to the conclusion that after we get our tax return, I can buy my Mizunos (yay!) and if I accomplish either my 10K or HM goal, I can get a GPS watch. How's that for some motivation?

Totally random but also totally awesome-

Something you don't see everyday

You just don't see a lot of hot air balloons in Stewartville!

Today we're headed over to our sister-in-law's sister's house (confused yet?) for some "steak, very unhealthy food, and beer." That's a direct quote. Combine that with football and Super Bowl commercials, and you've got the makings of one of the best. Sundays. EVER.

But first, an easy 5-miler :)


Any big Superbowl plans? Who are you cheering for? 

What kind of "very unhealthy food" will you be enjoying today?

Did you register for Chicago?

7 comments:

  1. So tempted to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just give in to the temptation Mike! Chicago is calling your name! :)

      Delete
    2. Sold out this morning :(

      Delete
    3. I just saw that! In only 6 days? Crazy!

      We WILL meet up for a race at some point. I am mandating it!

      Delete
  2. What about Sunday? This track star is sending registration today. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday is still up in the air. I'd have to see if Ben can handle Sunday School without me ;) We will discuss at work tonight!

      Delete