Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pile on the Miles 2012

I can't believe another week has gone by. Time has felt like it is just flying by lately!

First of all, I promised some pictures of the whole crew on Halloween, so here they are:

The whole Toy Story gang: Buzz, Slinky Dog, Rex, Jesse, and Woody!

Slinky's coils didn't stay on very long...



In an effort to get my running back on track, I'm participating in Pile on the Miles 2012!


Pile on the Miles is hosted by Monica at RunEatRepeat, and it's a challenge to run more miles during the month of November. I think this is the perfect month to do it, seeing as at the beginning of the month you have tons of leftover candy from Halloween, and at the end of the month you have tons of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving :) It's also perfect for me since I could use a little extra motivation to get back into the running game.

When determining my mileage goal, of course I wanted to do something crazy like top my all time monthly high (78 miles). Instead, I settled for a more conservative goal of 50 miles. I'm only planning on running three times a week, four max, because I also want to focus on stretching and strengthening in order to prevent my ITBS from coming back. I did some leg work on Saturday, and being the overeager fool that I am, I went right back to using the same amount of weight I had been what, three months ago? It didn't feel too hard at the time, but it's been three days and I'm still sore. May want to think about taking it down a notch...

I've actually really been enjoying running in the colder temperatures, which is weird for me. I used to shy away from outdoor running during the winter months because I never did well with it in highschool. As it got colder, my running times got progressively slower, mostly because the cold air was a trigger for my asthma. Now that I seem to have outgrown my asthma (I haven't used my inhaler in years), it really isn't so bad! I just need to purchase some more cold weather running gear. Today I purchased these from Running Warehouse:

Saucony Drylete Headband
Saucony Drylete Neckwarmer

Well I'm off to get my teeth cleaned- call me crazy, but I love the dentist! After that I'm going to get some strength training and yoga in before my happy hour date with Ben :)


Did you run to your polling place yesterday?

Do you like or hate going to the dentist?

What is your must have winter running accessory?

1 comment:

  1. 1. You know I ran to the polls!
    1.5. I will call your bet for that 50 miles and we will have a lunges and plank party after we finish.
    2. Hate the dentist
    3. gloves worthy of my snot and thumb holes

    ReplyDelete