Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

Maggs started puppy preschool on Monday, so I had my first Wednesday completely "off" since we got him. I thought it would be nice to have some extra down time, but I missed him like crazy all day!


He's growing up way too fast. I took him to the vet last week for the rest of his shots and he had already gained 5 pounds! He was so roly-poly when we got him, and now he's long and lanky. He reminds me of an awkward pre-teen.

It has been really hard to find time to work out with a 3-month-old puppy to take care of. I figured since he'd be in preschool for this week and next that I could use this time to get back into a routine. Monday and Tuesday I didn't get around to it... our house hadn't yet fully recovered from our housewarming party the weekend before, so my obsessive compulsive cleaning side made a rare, but necessary appearance.

On Wednesdays I usually go to cycle class with my friend Felicity, but yesterday I was craving a run. It's starting to get chillier in Minnesota- the temperature hovered around 45 degrees- but it was perfect running weather. I managed to get 4 miles in, and averaged around 9 min miles for all except for the second mile, which was a 7:50. Apparently a good song can affect your pace dramatically :)

Speaking of songs, I just downloaded some new music to revamp my running playlist. Here's what it looks like right now:


That 7:50 mile came during songs 3 and 4...

After my run I had planned on going to yoga but ran out of time. I really need to find a way to be more diligent about stretching... you would think that I'd feel somewhat compelled to do so after all my injuries lately, but I don't.

Ben and I got home around the same time, so we went to Caribou for BOGO mochas and then to pick up our little guy from preschool. Then we got in our costumes and headed over to Carrie and CJ's for pictures and some trick-or-treating. Ben dressed up as Buzz Lightyear and I was Rex from Toy Story. Maggs was supposed to be Slinky Dog, although his costume didn't stay on for long. Carrie and Chloe were both Jesse and CJ and Charlie were both Woody. I'll post pictures of everyone as soon as I get them from Carrie (our camera died right before it was time to dress up- go figure). For now you'll have to settle for pics of Ben and I only:

To infinity... and beyond!


What did you dress up as for Halloween?

What was your favorite costume you wore as a kid?

Would you rather run in warm or cold weather?

1 comment: